What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed onto your device that enables certain features and functionalities on our Sites. For example, cookies enable us to identify your device and to help us serve relevant content to you.
What Types of Cookies Does Connor Use and Why?
Connor drops cookies to improve your experience on our website. For example, we may use these cookies to suppress certain lightboxes or experiences that you have already visited. Our cookies are not associated with Personal Information we collect from you. Deletion of these types of cookies will result in limited functionality of our Site and services.
- We use Google Analytics, which installs cookies on users’ browsers, to understand the performance of our Sites and content contained within including, but not limited to: number of visits and average time spent either to a single page or the entire site, number of pages viewed per session, or the sequence of pages visited. We may also customize site structure or navigation as well as certain web content based on these data as well as your browser type, bandwidth or other settings to optimize your site experience. Google Analytics also collects information about the devices that are used to access our site, including computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version. Google uses these data to reports web trends.
- We use CrazyEgg and Google Optimize to improve your experience on our Sites. Examples of data tracked includes mouse clicks and movements as well as scrolling activity. These data are aggregated and anonymized.
- We installed Quantcast on our site, a third-party tool that captures anonymized data and provides aggregated reports on users of our Sites, including demographic data and general internet usage behavior.
- We use third-party services that allow us to serve you advertisements while on participating Sites, based on information relating to your time on our site or similar types of sites, which is tracked through a unique cookie on your browser or tracking pixels.
- We use a Facebook pixel on our Site so that, when you click on an ad on Facebook and complete an action on our Site, similar Facebook ads from CI can be suppressed on Facebook.
- We use Google Adwords to display text ads at the top of Google keyword searches. Anonymized information on specific keywords typed is provided.
- We use YouTube, Vimeo and TikTok to host video content on conservation.org. Analytics for these platforms include aggregated and anonymized data on length and location of views, basic demographic details, and engagement rates.
- We use BitPay to process cryptocurrency donations and they use a cookie from Cloudflare to provide a secure transaction. This cookie collects and anonymizes end user IP addresses so they cannot be personally identified. See a full list of Bitpay cookies here: https://bitpay.com/about/cookie-policy/.
- We use third-party tools to host functionality on our website, like Typeform for quizzes, Jotform for web forms and Soundcloud for audio players., which drop cookies to track the performance of their tools.
Most browsers allow you to control cookies through their settings preferences, including a setting to automatically decline cookies or be given the choice of declining or accepting the transfer to your computer of a particular cookie (or cookies) from a particular site. However, if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may negatively impact your overall user experience, since it will no longer be customized to you. For example, because your cookie preferences are stored as a cookie on your browser, if you do not opt in, our cookie opt-in banner will display every time you access a page on Connor’s site.
If you do not want to receive cookies, you can also change your settings via Connor’s cookie banner when accessing our site for the first time. You may also change your cookie settings on Connor’s web site at any time by visiting our Cookie Table page. Find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit wikipedia.org, www.allaboutcookies.org, or www.aboutcookies.org.
Notice to users from Germany
Other Helpful Resources
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EU)
- Internet Advertising Bureau (US)
- Internet Advertising Bureau (EU)
Browser manufacturers provide help pages relating to cookie management in their products. Please see below for more information.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari (Desktop)
- Safari (Mobile)
- Android Browser
- Opera Mobile
For other browsers, please consult the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides.