The purpose of this Notice is to explain how Connor Consulting Corp collects, uses and handles (processes) personal information about our job applicants in connection with our online and offline recruitment activities and to explain the rights that they have under data protection law. In this Notice, we refer to this type of information as “Recruitment Data”.
This Notice applies to applications submitted via our website and third parties, such as recruitment agencies and job boards. It also applies to applications submitted via other means, such as by post, recruitment events and email.
Connor Consulting Corp means Connor and any of its subsidiaries and affiliates, as existing from time to time. Conservation International is also referred to in this Notice as “we”, “us” or “our”.
1. What Recruitment Data do We Collect?
We will generally only collect Recruitment Data in the recruitment process that is necessary to assess you for the position for which you have applied. This may include the following categories of data:
- Application information: This information will generally tell us who you are and help build a picture of your capabilities and suitability for certain positions. This type of information may include your name, contact information, current company, information contained in your CV/resume (e.g. professional qualifications, previous employment history, place of residence), your eligibility to work in the jurisdiction where the position is located, information contained in your publicly available social media accounts or personal websites (e.g. LinkedIn or Twitter), information about the type of work and projects you have been involved with and any other information you may wish to provide to us as part of your application.
- Recruitment process information: This is information collected as a result of the recruitment process, such as your performance at assessment centres or interview and information provided by your references.
- Future opportunities information: This is information collected in order to keep in touch with you about future job opportunities at Connor such as your name, email, LinkedIn profile, location, field of expertise and the kind of role you are interested in.
We generally receive Recruitment Data either (a) directly from you (for instance when you provide information as part of your application or during the recruitment process) or (b) from third parties (for instance from recruitment agencies). We will indicate where the information we have requested is mandatory or optional. We will also explain the consequences should you decide not to provide information which we have indicated is mandatory. In some circumstances this may mean we are unable to process your application.
Note: Background check information (such as criminal background, credit check depending on the position you apply for and the region where the position is located) will only be sought where permitted by applicable law and is subject to execution of a separate, specific consent. Connor collects disability related information only to the extent volunteered by you and will process such information only to the extent allowed and in accordance with applicable law.
2. What Will We Do with Your Recruitment Data?
The main purposes for which we use your Recruitment Data include:
- Supporting and Processing your Application, for example, so we can assess your ability to meet the job specification, in order to shortlist applicants and to verify references and professional qualifications provided by applicants.
- Improving our Application Process, for example, to ensure that the careers section of our website is user-friendly and contains appropriate and helpful information.
- Safety Management, for example, to ensure the safety of our premises, assets, information, employees and other personnel.
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance, for example, to ensure compliance with health & safety requirements and other legal or fiscal obligations, or in connection with litigation or an internal investigation or audit and to ensure compliance with our policies regarding anti-money laundering, bribery and corruption, as well as equal opportunities monitoring.
- Ensuring compliance with our Code of Ethics/Conduct, for example to ensure that we are living up to our values
We may verify the Recruitment Data you provide during the recruitment process and/or collect personal data about you from third party sources to assist with our “Pre-Employment Checks”. If this occurs:
- You will be told in advance which aspects of your Recruitment Data will be verified including an explanation of how the Pre-Employment Checks will be carried out; and
- Information about criminal convictions or credit-related information (to the extent necessary to conduct background checks for certain positions with increased fiduciary responsibilities) will only be collected through official authorized sources, subject to your informed consent and in accordance with applicable law.
We will only process your Recruitment Data where we have a legal basis for doing so. Generally, we will be processing it to help us to decide whether to enter into a contract of employment with you. At other times, we will be processing your Recruitment Data because you have consented to us doing so, in which case you can withdraw such consent at any point.
We may also process your Recruitment Data to comply with our legal obligations or because it is in our legitimate business interests to do so (for example, where it is necessary to understand our applicants in sufficient detail so we can operate an effective recruitment process).
3. Whom is Your Recruitment Data Disclosed to?
(a) Within Connor
We restrict access to Recruitment Data to people within our group of companies who have a “need to know” such information. For example, certain individuals within Connor will have access to your Recruitment Data in order to process your application and manage the recruitment process (this may include individuals in our Human Resources team and individuals to whom you would report if your application is successful).
(b) Outside Connor
We share Recruitment Data with authorized third-party service providers to conduct and manage the recruitment process. For example, we may share your Recruitment Data with such service providers in order to conduct screening and verification of your application and the information you have provided to us. This may include verifying academic and professional qualifications. Generally, we will only disclose your Recruitment Data to our suppliers and other third parties in the following circumstances:
- when required to do so by law;
- in response to a legitimate request for assistance by the police or other law enforcement agency; and/or
- to seek legal advice from our external lawyers or in connection with litigation with a third party.
4. How Long Will We Retain Your Recruitment Data?
We keep your Recruitment Data in accordance with our internal retention policies and procedures. Typically, if you are unsuccessful in your application with us (or if you reject the position), we will keep your Recruitment Data for three (3) years following submission by you.
5. Where Do We Store Your Recruitment Data?
Applicants in the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) and the UK should be aware that their Recruitment Data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA and the UK in countries, which have less strict, or no data protection laws, when compared to those in Europe. It may also be processed by staff or our vendors in other non-EEA jurisdictions which also have less strict or no, data protection laws.
Whenever we transfer your Recruitment Data outside of the EEA or the UK, we will take legally required steps to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your Recruitment Data and to make sure it is treated securely and in accordance with this Notice. If you are located in the EEA or the UK, you may contact us for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your Recruitment Data and privacy rights in these circumstances.
6. Exercising Your Rights
You may have the right to request access to, rectification or erasure of, the Recruitment Data we hold about you. You may also have the right to object to or restrict certain types of processing of your Recruitment Data and request to receive a machine-readable copy of the Recruitment Data you have provided to us.
If you notice an error in your application that you would like to correct, please contact us using the contact information below.
Any request to exercise one of these rights will be assessed by us on a case-by-case basis. There may be circumstances in which we are not legally required to comply with your request, for example, because of relevant legal exemptions provided for in applicable data protection legislation.
7. Contact Us
Please contact us at the address below, if you would like to find out more about any matters relating to this Notice or if you have concerns about the way in which we have processed your Recruitment Data:
Connor Consulting Corp.
300 Brannan St. Suite 207
San Francisco, California 94107
Attn: Privacy Officer
We can also be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (703) 341-2400.
If you are still dissatisfied, you have the right to complain to your Data Protection Authority.
8. Updates to this Notice
We may change this Notice from time to time in order to reflect changes in the law, regulatory guidance or our data privacy practices in compliance with the law. When this happens and where required by law, we will provide you with a new or an updated notice detailing how the use of your Recruitment Data is changing and, if necessary, obtain your consent for further processing.
This Notice was last updated on April 7, 2021